WHAT IS VIDEO MARKETING?
Video marketing is a subset of Internet Marketing, which concentrates upon the power of video, to drive traffic to your website and achieve your business’s goals. Video marketing is an ever growing technique of getting your products, services and brand found in search results. The primary video resource platform is YouTube. Owned by Google, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
YouTube is especially great as you can create and upload videos to YouTube and use them in a number of different ways. Videos do not have to be Hollywood-glossy; they can be simple “real-life” films shot on your smartphone, or even a collage of photographs with a voiceover. What is important is the message that you are trying to get across, and in keeping your audience’s attention to achieve your video marketing goals.
HOW CAN YOUTUBE VIDEOS BE USEFUL?
YouTube videos are a gateway to your business’s products and services. How you use your videos can affect your sales and Internet visibility.
- Landing pages with videos on them can lead to a conversion rate of up to 800% more than a page without a video.
- Product pages with a video about the product can increase the chance of the sale of that product drastically.
- An information page with a “How To” embedded in it will help that page to rank much higher in Google search results. You will likely find that you rank highly for both the page AND the video, allowing you to dominate the search results for the chosen keyword.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR VIDEO SUCCESSFUL
Forget trying to create the latest viral video. In the majority of cases that will simply not happen. What you want to achieve is to have a video which ranks well for the chosen keyword and which drives traffic to your website so your conversion goals increase. Tips for creating good videos include:
- Make the video relevant and interesting. Be the authority on the topic you are presenting.
- Make the video informative and useful to your viewer. It should be the information which is important, not trying to sell the product. If your video gives the right information, then your viewers are likely to want to look at or buy the product itself.
- Appeal to the needs and desires of your viewers. If they feel a need for your product or service they are more likely to buy it.
- Get your message across in the first fifteen seconds. The attention span of YouTube viewers is short. They will not continue to watch a video which at first glance seems of no interest to them.
- Create an attention-grabbing video. The last thing any viewer wants to see is a boring video. That is the quickest way to get them to leave your video. Humour can work well, but be careful – jokes and humour must be relevant and appropriate to the product and your audience. Inappropriate humour can damage your brand beyond measure.
Optimise your video for search. Aside from the content of the video itself, this is the most important thing for you to get right. Video optimisation is the difference between a successful and invisible video. There are any ways to optimise a video well and Cotswold Websites would be glad to help teach you how this should be done. Getting your keywords into the video’s title, description and keywords is the main method. However, there are many other little-known techniques which will really help your videos rank highly. Contact us to find out how we can help you rank your videos well.
LET COTSWOLD WEBSITES HELP WITH YOUR VIDEO MARKETING
Video marketing is a time-consuming, though exciting task to carry out. Cotswold Websites can help you manage your video marketing from start to finish.
We use professional video and audio editing software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Audition, as well as online tools, to create videos which bring your message to your audience to life. Contact us today to learn more about how Cotswold Websites can help you with your video marketing.